Zucchini Time – Italian Style!
In our family, we grow zucchini just for the flowers! This recipe has been our family favorite. You can serve them as an appetizer or as a side to anything grilled.
Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- Zucchini flowers
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Clean flowers and dry with a paper towel.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and olive oil together in a separate bowl; stir in flour mixture until batter is smooth.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat.
- Dip flowers in the batter and fry in the hot oil until golden and crispy, 2 to 5 minutes, working in batches as needed.
- Transfer fried flowers to a paper towel-lined plate; sprinkle parmesan cheese over each one.