Quick & Easy Rhubarb Crisp
1 cup large-flake oats
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
6 cups chopped rhubarb, cut into 1-in. pieces (about 760 g)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 tbsp water
- Position rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 350F.
- Topping:Stir oats, flour, brown sugar and salt in a bowl. Add butter and work in, using your fingertips, until crumbly. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Filling:Toss rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch and water in a large bowl, stirring until cornstarch is absorbed. Let sit 5 min and stir again. Transfer to a 9 x 13-in. glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over rhubarb. Bake in lower third of oven until top is golden and juices are bubbling around edges and through the top of crisp, about 1 hour.
- Let cool completely. Serve with ice cream.