February 22nd marks National Margarita Day! Celebrate with this recipe from the Cooking Chanel for sweet and delicious watermelon margaritas.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- Salt, for glass rims
- 1/3 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 4 ounces seedless watermelon, small diced
- 1 lime
- Pour salt in a shallow dish for dipping the rims of the glasses. Dip 4 martini glasses in water and then dip the rims in salt.
- Place in the freezer to frost for about 30 minutes
- In a small martini shaker, shake together the orange liqueur, Triple Sec, and tequila
- Remove glasses from freezer. Fill the bottom of each glass with the diced watermelon and pour alcohol mixture over top, dividing evenly among the glasses.
- Slice lime into wedges and squeeze into glasses.
- Serve immediately.
Do you have a “go to” margarita recipe? Comment below!