In my family the holiday season is all about the COOKIES! Baking cookies is a full weekend endeavor, from the classic Shortbread and Sugar Cookies, to Gingerbread and Macarons, batch after batch of cookies are made. I wanted to share my family’s favourite cookies which are a play on the classic Twix chocolate bar – Twix Cookies!
Get your aprons out; and gather the ingredients to bake up these to die for cookies! Beware; flour is bound to end up on the floor and even on a nose or two! You can’t forget how impressed holiday guests and your families will be when you bring these cookies to the next gathering!
- 1½ cups softened butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups caramel
- 2 cups milk choc chips
- 2 tsp shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add your vanilla, flour and salt. Mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to ½ inch thick.
- To cut cookies you can use a biscuit cutter or I just used a small glass that was 2 inches wide.
- Place round cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes.
- Let cookies cool.
- Melt caramel and spread the caramel over the cooled cookies.
- Let caramel cool completely.
- Add your shortening into the chocolate chips and melt in the microwave. Use a microwave safe bowl and watch so that the chocolate does not burn.
- Spread or drizzle melted chocolate over cooled caramel.
- Let chocolate set before serving.
- Do not put in the refrigerator as it will discolor the chocolate.
These cookies will be a hit at any gathering!
Do you have any cookie recipes that are a hit in your family?