We love frogs around here so we’re celebrating with a Love Frogs Coloring Contest! With the kiddos out of school we thought they would like to share their love of frogs and coloring with us!
It’s so easy to enter! Just download the frog coloring page and have your child colour it, submit their masterpiece below. You may also take a picture of it and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some fun facts about frogs we bet you did not know!
- There are over 5,000 species of frog.
- Frogs don’t need to drink water as they absorb it through their skin.
- A frog’s call is unique to its species, and some frog calls can be heard up to a mile away.
- Some frogs can jump over 20 times their own body length; that is like a human jumping 30m.
- Many species of frog care for their offspring. For example some poison dart frogs lay their eggs on the forest floor so they can guard them and urinate on them to keep them moist.
- Females of some frog species keep a regular check on their offspring (tadpoles) and if food becomes scarce she will deposit unfertilized eggs for them to eat.
- Asian tree frogs build nests in trees above water so that when the tadpoles hatch they fall directly into the water.
- Since Pictish times, the frog has been considered lucky in Scotland. This is why stone frogs are commonly kept in gardens and often given as housewarming gifts.
Contest closes September 30, 2016, at 11:59 pm EST. Five (5) winners will be randomly chosen and announced on the blog on or after September 30, 2016. Prize valued at @$20 CAD. Full contest rules and regulations can be seen below. Good Luck!