With the hustle and bustle of life in these modern times, it is easy to get overwhelmed and stressed out! Sometimes it feels like there are not enough hours in the day. Hopefully by following some of these 5 tips, you can combat stress and feel as happy and healthy as ever! Try these tips to de-stress:
- Get Physical. – Yoga, working out, sex… all of these release happy endorphins in your brain, and make you feel better! They can also take your mind off your worries, and give you a positive outlet. Even a walk around the block will help. For more information on how this works and what you can do, click here.
- Say No. – One of the best things you can do for your overall well-being is to learn how to say no to people. Doing things because we feel like we ‘have to’ sucks up our time and makes us resentful. Next time someone asks you to do something, ask yourself; “Do I really want to do this, or am I saying yes because I feel like I should?” If you don’t want to do it, find a nice way of saying no. Feel those shoulders relax a little as you release that extra burden.
- – Spend time around people that make you happy, watch a funny movie, learn to laugh at yourself. Your smile will brighten your day and make you feel better.
- Talk it out. – Call up your friend or confide in your partner. Even talking to a pet, or writing in a journal helps. Getting your thoughts out might help you identify what is bothering you, and will lead you on the path to fixing it.
- Stay Positive. – Bring the focus away from what you need to do or what you don’t have, and be thankful for what you have going for you. Sometimes changing your perspective is the key to feeling happier. Count your blessings, pat yourself on the back for what you have accomplished. You can even tell yourself positive affirmations such as “Everything is happening just as it should,” or “All is well in my world.” You will be surprised on how your thoughts can transform your life. You can Click here for more affirmations.
Staying stress-free is a challenge, but we’re up to it! What do you do when life seems hectic? Share your de-stressing techniques in the comments below!