Some days, it’s easy to smile. You wake up to the sounds of birds chirping and the warm glow of the morning sun; and you’re convinced that it’ll be a great day. But, not every day starts this way. Sometimes, you wake up to chaos in your head or within the world around you. You hit snags, bumps and roadblocks at every turn. You can accept that the days won’t always look bright, but you’re committed to finding something worth smiling about. Not sure what that might be? Here are a few ideas:
- Create a gratitude list for the day, including the smallest details (a fluffy pillow) and the biggest things (your health and your family).
- Chocolate – your favorite kind! Chocolate always makes things better.
- Being around nature. Whether it’s the beach, the park, or the countryside, there’s always something calming and invigorating about being around nature. Soak up the beauty of your surroundings, the fresh air and the feeling of peace!
- Dust off that fancy china and stemware! Who said you have to wait for a special occasion to use them? Declare tonight special “just because” – you’ll be surprised how regal you’ll feel from drinking from a champagne glass, even if you’re just drinking water from it!
- Baking! Even if you are not a master baker, bake something simple – seeing the pleasure on your family’s faces will bring a smile to yours!