Hey, busy parents! Think you don’t have time to workout? Think again. These 5 easy at-home exercises don’t require any fancy equipment or that you crawl out of bed at the crack of dawn to complete. That’s right, you can do these from home in under 20 minutes a day!
1. 5-Minute Plank Workout from Neila Rey
This ab workout targets your abs, chest, glutes and lower back.
2. Body-Weight Squat from Women’s Health Mag
Stand as tall as you can with your feet spread shoulder-width apart. (A) Lower your body as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees. Pause, then slowly push yourself back to the starting position. (B)
Want to try more squat options? Check it out here!
3. Body Weight Lunge from Huffington Post
Your bottom half will thank you if you work on mastering your lunge technique. Remember, form is important, but the best way to perfect your lunge is to practice.
Reps: 10-12 each leg
4. Standard Push Up from Daily Burn
Begin in a plank position with your arms straight. Your shoulders should be over your wrists and your body should form a straight line from head to toe. Keep your core engaged and don’t let your hips sag. Next, slowly bend your elbows and lower your chest towards the floor. Then, press upwards back to plank position.
If you’re interested in different push up variations, check it out here!
5. Reverse Leg Lift from You Beauty
1. Begin on your hands and knees
2. Straighten one leg and lift it upwards as high as you can, keeping knee straight and toe pointed and stretching long through the leg
3. Simultaneously lift your arm on the opposite side
4. Engage your stomach at all times, and squeeze your butt as you lift into it