3 Super Easy and Healthy Lunch Ideas
As a parent, packing your child’s lunch everyday can be difficult if you want to mix it up every once and a while, especially if you’re packing more than one lunch. To help you out, I’m going to give you 3 super easy and healthy lunch ideas for you to try out!
Chicken Salad Celery Sticks
Replace the bun with celery sticks for this super healthy alternative to a chicken salad sandwich! This one is both simple and delicious, just follow this recipe courtesy of Super Healthy Kids – makes 4 servings!
- Start with 2 cups of cooked shredded OR diced chicken – you can cook this ahead of time or simply use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (to replace mayo), 1/4 cup mayo, 1/2 teaspoon vinegar, 3 tablespoons sliced green onions, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon cracked pepper *as an alternative to regular vinegar, you can use red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or lemon juice*
- Throw the chicken into the sauce and mix well – cover and allow it so chill in the fridge until it is ready to use
- Wash and chop celery sticks into 3-4 inch pieces. You’ll need one bunch of celery but may not use all of it, depending on how much you load the sticks and how many kids you are feeding
- Simply put the chicken salad onto the celery sticks are you are done!
Turkey Apple Cheddar Sandwich
A simple recipe that only takes 5 minutes to whip up a tasty sandwich! Follow this recipe from EatingWell to make a sandwich your child will LOVE!
- Spread 1 tablespoon of light mayo onto whole wheat bread
- Top with turkey, thinly sliced apple and low-fat cheddar cheese and you are done!
This one is a child please and it tastes just as delicious as it sounds! Try out this recipe for a healthy alternative to your regular pizza, courtesy of EatingWell!
TIP: Make ahead of time and let sit in the fridge over night
- Place whole wheat flour tortilla onto place and spread already made pizza sauce all over it
- Top with even layer of shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese and spinach
- Microwave on high until cheese is melted – about 45 seconds
- Carefully roll tortilla up
- Let tortilla cool before slicing into pieces, if desired
- Place in medium size container and you are complete!
Do you have any recipe’s that your kids love? Share them in the comment section below!